Monday, April 1, 2013

Broken

Linking up with Lisa-Jo and Five Minute Friday. Today's (well, last Friday's) word prompt is broken.

So, it's Monday and I'm still procrastinating writing about broken. The word didn't move me on Friday or Saturday, and I didn't want to write about anything being broken on Easter Sunday. Even though the circumstances of our Easter Sunday seemed a little broken -- a husband waking up in the middle of the night with the flu, and cold and dreary weather outside when all I want for Easter Sunday (and every day, if I'm honest) is the sun warming my skin and lifting my mood.

And now on Monday, I'm still not feeling the word broken. The first story that comes to mind is when my bike handlebars broke last summer and I crashed on the bike path practically in front of the hospital (which fortunately I didn't need to visit).

I have relationships that are broken, nails that are broken, a heart that is broken in several places. But the joy of Easter Sunday? The message from the pulpit yesterday? The story of Calvary? It doesn't matter what's broken: God is GREATER. He is greater than my past, than sin, than death, than illness, than hopelessness ... than anything I have that is or will ever be broken.

God is greater than what is broken. Love wins.

4 comments:

  1. I find great comfort in knowing that God is greater than my brokenness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God is greater than what is broken. Love wins."

    AMEN and AMEN!!!!

    Praying that your husband is feeling better now.

    Visiting from FMF.

    Blessings,
    Selena @ glencampbellclan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Selena. He is (and so far, I'm good, too!).

      Delete