Monday, April 8, 2013

After

Linking up today with Lisa-Jo at Five Minute Friday. Today's word prompt is after.

So I've procrasinated again this week with my FMF assignment. I read Lisa-Jo's entry on Friday, which I don't like to do before I write. I don't want anyone else's writing to start me down a particular path and as I suspected, that's what happened. I started thinking about after Pam. After the phone call, after the months of treatment, after hospice. I rejoice greatly in her eternal joyfully ever after, but I didn't want to copy Lisa-Jo's idea, and there's way too much after to sort through and write about with regard to Pam. It just wasn't sticking as an entry this week. Yet after wasn't prompting me to write in any other particular direction.

However, I am committed to writing for Five Minute Friday every week in 2013. I don't set many goals for myself but this is one I want to do. It's like when I committed to doing Jillian Michaels' tortuous 30-Day Shred just to prove I could do it 30 days in a row. Well, I did and I don't think I've done it since. It lurks in the drawer with the other neglected exercise videos. Hopefully that won't happen with my writing.

I want to write more. I want to share my stories and I think the best way to do that for me is to write them down. When I stop and think about all B and I have experienced, individually and together, I know that God intends for us to use the after of those stories for His glory. I don't know what that looks like, but I do know He is in the before, the during and the after.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you!! Just visiting from fmf and I agree. It can be really hard not to follow anyone else in their writing. I think sharing stories is a great way to work on your blog. I also loved the book Harriet the Spy and used to dream of being one myself. I like how you wrote that "God intends for us to use the after of those stories for His glory". I think that is so true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement, Patricia, a fellow Harriet the Spy!

      Delete
  2. I found this week's theme to be a difficult one as well and have to say that I read Lisa-Jo's entry before I wrote as well. Oh well, at least we finished the assignment, right. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for us, Terry! We did it! Thanks for stopping over.

      Delete