Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Opportunity

Writing and linking up today with Lisa-Jo's Five Minute Friday.

A new calendar year has begun and with it comes 365 days of opportunity. Opportunity to listen, to care, to watch, to wait, to laugh, to weep, to celebrate. I'm not one to make resolutions for the new year, primarily because I'm convinced I'll never keep them. Life is a continuum and starting points ... and starting over points ... can, do and should happen on any random day.

As I looked over the past year with its heartaches and triumphs, I simultaneously looked to the new year knowing God will present me with new opportunities. Some I know are coming, others only God knows about. At the end of this year, I will mourn lost opportunities, I will celebrate opportunities I embraced with passion and I will wonder what I missed by not listening to that still, small voice.

I pray my heart and mind will be quiet with intentional anticipation for what lies ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, those starting over points can come over and over all day long! That is the nature of grace, isn't it? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful piece. Best wishes for a year of great opportunities.

    ReplyDelete