Friday, January 25, 2013

Again

It's time for Five-Minute Friday.

It's Five-Minute Friday, again. I'm coming up empty on anything remotely interesting or profound or worth-the-keystrokes to write on "again." But still I write, because I've committed myself to writing for as many Five-Minute Fridays as I can this year. This is a small goal, but hopefully attainable. I've set lofty writing goals before and fail every time, allowing myself to be distracted by a good book or something unimportant, or work takes over, or there's a need to be met. The cadre of reasons not to write is full, but yet I know how important it is to write, to share my story. It's important for me, it may one day be important to someone reading the words I write. I know this for my life is richer through the stories of those who have been bold enough to share them.

This week one of my clients sent me resounding feedback on something I wrote. Their supervisor, a college president, called it "quite lovely." I have confidence when writing professionally, yet find that confidence elusive when telling my own stories.

So here I am again, realizing again that God has given me stories to tell and the words with which to tell them. I will keep working, keep striving, keep trying again and again to find my voice.

9 comments:

  1. oh yes! and just showing up to tell that story is so much! Thanks for sharing your FMF with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know what God has in store for the seemingly most mundane things we do!

    Visiting from 5MF today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and really where my focus should be! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. thank you for following through! and i enjoyed the way you wrote this.. especially realizing again God has given me stories to tell and the words to which to tell them. Keep telling them girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny. I have an easier time "sharing my stories" than the freelance work I do. It the stuff I feel less secure in, enough I do get good feed back. It certainly takes more time, research and care. And discipline. Maybe it's the discipline part I don't like much. Creative writing is play. And your voice drew me in -- I'd love to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting where our comfort levels are, isn't it? Thanks for the comment and best wishes to you in both your personal and professional writing!

      Delete