Friday, January 18, 2013

Cherished

Linking up today with Lisa-Jo and the ladies at Five-Minute Friday.

We were watching the episode of Parenthood where Kristina shaves her head after her hairs starts to fall out as a casualty of chemotherapy. Her husband Adam tries to help by buying a wig for her, but I immediately knew that was a mistake. I turned to B and said, "If that is ever us, don't buy me a wig." Thus ensued a conversation about love and good intentions versus a woman's need to own all aspects of that particular situation.

But what struck me more throughout the episode was that I know, without a doubt, that I am cherished. B loves me for who I am, for who I am becoming, for who I was created to be. He will always find me beautiful, whether or not I have hair, whether I'm dressed for a wedding or lounging in my sweats, whether we're tackling a renovation project or enjoying dinner together at our favorite restaurant.

And though we may experience missteps along the way in how we think we're loving one another well (learning another's love language is truly a lifelong endeavor), the important thing for me to remember is that I am cherished by this partner designed especially for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth
    It is so wonderful to know you are cherished in your marriage. No matter what goes wrong or what trouble lies ahead, that knowing makes it all worthwhile!!
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete