Friday, May 24, 2013

View

It's time for Five Minute Friday. Today's word prompt is view.

The view I love the most is my front porch looking in.
(from My Front Porch Looking In by Lonestar)

It really is. As much as I love to travel, I truly am a homebody. I work from home (mostly), which suits me well. When we moved into this house almost five years ago, we lived in a construction zone for nearly a year as we basically gutted the entire first floor (i.e., the main living area of our ranch house), so while the projects will never cease, I am grateful to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

But it's not the structure or the wood-burning fireplace or the beautiful kitchen that create the best part of the view; it's the ones I love. Looking in from my front porch, I see:
  • My husband who makes me laugh, works beside me, is my partner in crazy capers, and provides a safe place for me to land. Every time.
  • Our two four-legged loveys who keep me company during the day, provide joy (and challenge!) on a daily basis and never let me forget that sometimes it's important to just stop and show a little love.
  • Girlfriends who come to share their lives and study the Bible together.
  • Grown kids coming for dinner and a mad game of Royal Crowns.
  • Relatives gathered around for Thanksgiving or birthdays or just because.
  • Friends who come for dinner, stop by on a bike ride or come to keep our (almost) annual gumbo-making tradition.
The next time I'm feeling the need to take a deep breath and regain perspective, I think I'll head to my front porch and take a good look in.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, That is a great view from your front porch! I am going to do the same on mine!

    Thanks for the inspiration. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song! Thanks for sharing. Here from FMF. Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great reminder about the things that are most important. That is a wonderful view!

    ReplyDelete