Monday, November 17, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude - Miscellany

It's a dreary, pre-winter-feels-like-winter day outside. The rain has been consistently falling. And it's Monday. Usually days like this find me a bit stuck, unmotivated, distracted. I wouldn't say I'm having a fantastic, enthusiastic type of day, but I am having a quiet, productive kind of day, checking things off my to-do list and finding myself thankful for a variety of things. Thus, today's miscellany:


  • Finding a hotel room for an event in a few weeks when practically everything is booked.
  • AAA discount for that hotel room.
  • Inventorying the freezer and realizing how much food we have.
  • The freezer, which is probably as old as I am and was a no-cost, gracious hand-me-down that has proven so helpful.
  • Anticipating a delivery of local beef from a farm a few miles up the road from a farmer family with whom we attend church.
  • Discovering homemade (not by me) egg rolls hiding in the freezer - delicious for lunch.
  • Leaf collectors who come even on the cold, rainy days to clear raked leaves waiting by the curb.
  • Laundry that's almost complete.
  • Dogs who have been content to stay inside, but are soon going to be antsy to get outside.
  • Getting to hug our sweet granddaughter tonight.


That's enough to keep a girl going on a rainy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment