Monday, February 24, 2014

Seven in Seven

This week, I'm going to attempt to write seven posts in seven days, along with others who are writing along with Jen at Conversion Diary. I debated if I should commit to such a feat, for once a week blogging seems consistent to me and because I have deadlines to meet on the scintillating topics of eminent domain and corporate security, along with some website copy on ballet. (There's always a varied selection of topics on my work menu.) I am also woefully behind on my non-credit writing course and should play a bit (or a lot) of catch up this week. And I need to finish "Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune" because it's due back to the library on Saturday. Throw in some volunteering, the regular responsibilities of running a household and coordinating contractors coming and going, and it could be a busy week.

But it's always a busy week and I am masterful at finding reasons not to write even when I know that's what I should be doing. Not necessarily blog writing, but writing here helps me get into a writing rhythm. As a bonus, it's only supposed to snow one day this week, so shoveling and snow blowing shouldn't be too much of an interruption to my quest to write each day, from Monday to Sunday. The pesky "w" key on my keyboard continues to only respond to repeat pounding, but I shall conquer that obstacle one way or another.

One post down, six to go. And thus begins The Week of Blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment