Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dear Accuweather App

Dear Accuweather App,

I appreciate you. I really do. You alert me to impending bad weather and I can scroll through several locations quickly to check the weather in favorite places. But I have to say, I think you think you know me better than you do.

You see, anyone who has known me for longer than say, 30 minutes, knows that I am always cold. I am not a fan of winter and this one has been especially difficult to endure with seemingly endless grey gloom and multiple feet of snow. I realize that's not your fault and generally, you do your job well.

However.

We will be traveling to a warmer destination and so I've been asking you to keep tabs on the weather there. And while I think you are accurately reporting the weather conditions, I think you're way off in your assessment of how I feel about it.


Right there, at the bottom where it says, "It's hotter than you'd like." Au contraire. It actually should read, "This is perfect weather for you. You would delight in the warm breeze caressing your skin as you turn your face to soak in the sun. You would shed your hat, coat, gloves, sweater and boots, and enjoy being outdoors in short sleeves and capris, perhaps with a light cardigan after dark. You would relish not having to traipse across mounds of snow and ice in the backyard and cherish the thought that no snow blower or shovel would be needed in the foreseeable future."

Yes, something like that would increase your accuracy and keep you true to your name. So, keep up the good work, Accuweather App. Let your developers know that the next upgrade should include the ability for users to set their preferred weather conditions so you can be 100% accurate in your reporting.

Sincerely,
A girl who has been colder than she'd like for longer than she'd like

No comments:

Post a Comment