Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Arctic Concotion

We're in the midst of another arctic blast with temps that make it more than reasonable to stay inside if you can. (And I can; sorry to all those who must head out for work and school and the like.) It's been quite a winter as evidenced by the fact that yesterday I saw my neighbor knock down an icicle with a baseball bat so it wouldn't impale the dog when she went outside.

I'm all about being warm 365 days a year; it's just a little more challenging than usual right now. This morning, I thought I'd treat myself to my favorite cold-weather drink, a chai latte. Lucky for me, this doesn't require a trip to the nearest coffee shop, as I had a carton of mix waiting for me in the fridge. I knew I only had one serving left but today was the day. So I reached into the fridge for the carton.

I poured it into my mug, surprised that I had more mix left than I thought I did. Bonus: A chai tomorrow without a trip to the grocery store. I added milk and stirred well. I set the milk container aside to recycle and reached for the carton to put it back in the fridge. And this is what I picked up:


Hmm. Yes. Well. A beef broth latte was not exactly what I was after. Apparently, that carton looks eerily similar to this carton when stored on its side:


Thankfully, I picked up the carton before heating up my concoction. Fortunately, I had enough milk left to make the intended latte. I'm just glad I didn't grab the carton of tomato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment