Friday, October 25, 2013

Together

It's the last Five Minute Friday of October and today's word prompt is together.

People can exhaust me. Oh, not in the short term, but put me in a large group of people for an extended period of time ... say in JFK terminal 2 where throngs of people gather like cattle to be moved from one gate to another as they wait for a flight that is likely running behind schedule ... and I'm inevitable ready for some quiet time. I work from home, with only the company of my two dogs and I enjoy solitude, maybe a little too much. But here are some ways I've found together to be better.

  • Together, many hands make a quick job of unloading pallets and restocking shelves at the food pantry.

  • Together, marriages become stronger as couples in a small group share challenges and victories and learn from one another.

  • Together, friends gain additional insight when studying the Bible.

  • Together, burdens feel lighter when shared with one who knows your heart and loves you anyway.

  • Together, it's easier to find things to laugh about, even when the road is long.

  • Together, there's camaraderie when addressing issues with aging parents.

  • Together, decades-long friendships grow deeper and stronger when intentionally nourished.

  • Together, celebrating children's achievements is a little sweeter.
Even for someone who savors her solitude, together can be pretty great. I've been surrounded throughout my life with some amazing people, and I'm grateful for all those who are doing life together with me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your reminders on together. They are real life and practical. I need that! Stopped by from FMF!

    ReplyDelete