Friday, September 6, 2013

Red

It's a beautiful Friday and time to take a few minutes to write for Five Minute Friday. Today's word prompt is red.


It caught my eye as I rounded the corner behind the dogs. She stepped out of her minivan and turned to let her daughter out of the back seat. Gray shirt, denim skirt and a cute red purse. As we passed, I told her how much I loved the pop of color her purse provided and she smiled.

Red is my favorite color. I love it in my kitchen, bouquets and wardrobe. I carried red roses in my wedding. I put it on my lips, tips and toes. It took about seven coats, but I finally got the red right for the accent wall in my office. My Kindle cover is red and I had a red laptop that I loved. I was even able to convince B -- whose favorite color is black -- that a red(dish) sofa would look great in the living room.

While I'm a summer girl, I love the red leaves that autumn brings. I see more sunsets than sunrises, but red is part of what makes both beautiful. My first car was red and my current one would be, too, except the vehicle we purchased didn't come in the "right" red.

I'm not obnoxious about red ... I like bright colors in general. But red makes me happy. It can brighten up a dreary landscape, make me smile on a tough day, add just enough pop to pull a room or outfit together.

What's your red?

3 comments:

  1. May there be many reds in your life to bring you smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a summer girl too, but I do love those red fall leaves! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm not much of a red person myself, but I do love the fall colors and red on the trees. I'm visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete